Thursday, January 28, 2010

Andre Dawson Goes Into the H.O.F. as a Denver Bear, the AAA Team

Andre Dawson will be inducted into the Hall of Fame as a Denver Bear, the AAA team he played with for one season in 1976. Dawson tore the league up, batting .350 with 20 home runs. He also had 10 stolen bases and a slugging percentage of over .700 with the team before getting called up to the Big Leagues.

"I spoke to the museum last night and told them what my preference was" said Dawson. "I really enjoyed facing inferior competition and the people I met playing in Denver. It was definitely the highlight of my career."

The Hall announced its decision yesterday, emphasizing the great affiliates of Major League clubs. Without playing so well in Denver, Dawson would have never gotten to chance to prove himself later at the big league level.

No comments:

Post a Comment