Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mark McGwire Finally Admits He Sucked At Everything Besides Hitting Home Runs

If't been 1552 days since Mark McGwire wanted to talk about the future but I guess he's had enough of all that 2012 end of the world talk, so he decided to admit something about his past. It's been eight years since he retired from baseball because nobody wanted him, and he's finally decided to be honest with himself: "I sucked at everything except hitting Home Runs."

"I wish I had never hit a home run. It was foolish and it was a mistake" McGwire wrote on his Twitter account. "I wish I focused on my speed so I could have been like Ricky Henderson. The Ricky Hendersons of the world are making the Hall of Fame these days. People who have hit home runs like myself, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds are not."

McGwire truly did suck at everything except hitting runs. He didn't hit a triple between 1989-1998. Not once in 1994 did he sacrifice his body by allowing the ball to hit him so he could advance to first, ironic because he was sacrificing his body by taking steroids. He had no stolen bases in 2001, the final straw in getting McGwire to retire following that season. For once, a star like McGwire has told the truth and nothing but the truth: he really sucked besides hitting home runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment