Saturday, October 24, 2009

Alex Rodriguez Chokes Again: Goes Hitless on Important Off Day

Alex Rodriguez was hitless on the Yankees off day yesterday and has not had a hit since the 6th inning of Game 5 of the ALCS. Girardi even showed his displeasure by replacing him in the crucial 9th inning of Game 5 for pinch runner Freddy Guzman, a guy who has one career home run and a career batting average of .211. Yankee fans have made their angry voices heard on sports talk radio and message boards all over the internet. However, Arod said he deserves the criticism.

"These fans don't expect any more out of me than I do out of myself", he said. "They get so accustomed to seeing me hit home runs when we're up by ten runs, and when I don't do what I normally do in an important game, they have the right to get angry. For me not to get any hits on one of the most important off days of the season, it's disappointing."

While Arod had an awful off-day, Yankees hero Derek Jeter had a fantastic day. His intangibles at practice were undeniable. While taking swings off the tee in the batting cages, he didn't miss once. He answered every question from the media perfectly. Even if Arod hits three home runs in Game 6 to win the pennant, Jeter deserves all the credit for his great leadership, especially on the day off yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment