Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Random I-AA Coach Says He's Not Interested in Notre Dame Job

Monmouth Head Football Coach Kevin Callahan has posted on his web site that he is not interested in coaching at Notre Dame. Callahan has done a mediocre job at a mediocre Monmouth program, and doesn't want to risk everything that he's worked for, just for a job like Notre Dame. While it doesn't seem like anybody is interested in the Notre Dame job these days, the Fighting Irish are still holding out hope that they can hire someone that the rich boosters will approve of.

"We're going to continue to try to find a coach that has some name recognition" said Notre Dame spokesman Brian Hardin. "We're running out of people to request an interview out of, so if you can think of anybody, please start a Facebook group so we can find out about it."

Callahan has coached at the New Jersey school for 17 years without ever being promoted to a better football program than Monmouth. Callahan denied interest in a statement released this morning.

"I haven't even been contacted by Notre Dame because they probably have never heard of me, but just in case I receive a call, I want it to be known that I'm not interested. I appreciate the overrated talent that will be returning for the Fighting Irish and their underachieving results of the past decade. However, I am more than happy to stay with the mediocrity I already have here at Monmouth. I work with a wonderful sales staff that does a great job selling tickets, I live right next to a gas station with a store that's open 24 hours a day, and I'm just a quick drive away from watching quality Big East football at Rutgers. I plan on staying here a long time, or eventually taking a job with a better football program and higher pay than Monmouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment