Saturday, November 28, 2009

Allen Iverson Practicing His Retirement Speech

"If I'm retiring, I'm retiring. It's as simple as that. It ain't about that at all though. It's about my career. It's about all of the wins. It's about the amount of time I spent practicing for those wins. I played in a lot of games. I played in a lot of practices. We're sitting here, and I've been the franchise player, and we're talking about retiring. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about retiring, not my career, not the wins, not my career, but we're talking about me retiring. Not all the games that I played and died for, but we're talking about me retiring. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example, but I'm not encouraging everyone to retire like me. I know that you have to do it eventually, but don't retire until you need to. Let's talk about my career, not my retirement. We're talking about retiring man. We're talking about retiring man. We're not talking about my career. We're about retiring man.

How in the hell can I make my teammates better by retiring?"

No comments:

Post a Comment